
Right at this moment, there is, in my bed, a man with all the requirements of The Perfect Man that Jenny & I developed in university: long hair, tattooes, a record and a girlfriend. (Ok, a very recent ex). I can say this openly to the world cause I slept in Maddie's room. Is it maturity or lack of self-esteem that protected him from predation? I think it was mostly pity... he definitely needed sleep.
Anyway, I may have to let my inner 12 year old write this post as she's been very close to the surface for the last 24 hours. Let's do a dear diary post then, since when i was 12, there was no internet.
Dear Diary:
Remember when I mentioned Donnie and Neale from school, how they were talking about how cool KISS was, and because of Boo Boo I even knew what they were talking about and felt cool for the first time in my life?
Well, yesterday I went to SEE KISS!!! YES, REALLY!!! Of course, my favourite Peter Criss wasn't there because he left the band. I will always love you PC!! But the new guy was still wearing the cat make up so it was almost like he was there. There was a different guy playing the Spaceman too, but that's just as well, because Ace Frehley looked pretty feeble and kind of shaky the last time I saw him on TV.
It was extra cool yesterday because I went to the concert with Neale, and he knows everything about KISS!! Eat your heart out, Jennifer Brenton. And Brian G. was there and we talked to him too! Moneesha will not believe this. Maybe there is hope that someday i won't be just a chubby nerdy brain.
The concert was just like TV with fire pots and exploding stuff and parts of the stage that could rise and then Gene flew and Paul slid across a wire over the crowd. AMAZING.
I am still absorbing that this is all real. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment