17.1.09

Uncredited quoting

Uncredited for good reason. I don't usually quote others' blogs. It feels creepy enough sometimes reading them. But this person far too often says things that feel pulled from my own mind and experience, and I need to acknowledge it because otherwise it will just feed unwarranted resentment towards them. COMPLETELY unwarranted... I need to emphasize that. But irony is bitter.

"But that’s me. I tend to go an extra mile (I usually volunteer it) only to have it fly back in my face. Happens more often than I’ll say here... I have to learn to not invest time if something is not going to work. You would think I would have learned this by now. You would be wrong."


Yes, yes, even when moving forward sometimes you can't help a wistful glance back. Or maybe an opportunity to shake your fist over your shoulder at someone being relentlessly blind (from your point of view, perhaps not from theirs).

And now back to your regularly scheduled life.

No comments: