So... it's been more than a year, if I figure from the World Water Day OML show that really signalled the beginning of the end. Nearly a year of letting go of a malfunctioning relationship, of panicking at the sudden aloneness of it all, of rediscovering the shreds of my self-esteem, and healing them back into something resembling a whole.
I've faced down the bad mojo, wiped the bad memories from Henry House and as of last week, Rogue's. I'm able to be friends with Sean now and am nearly ready to give up the unreasonable hate against Megan, who after all, was fairly external to it all. Meh, maybe I'll hang on to that... I'm not a saint, and it makes me feel a bit more human to know there's someone I'd like to beat the crap out of.
What a year. What a lot of excavating. And just this weekend, just recently, I've rediscovered those two great pieces of advice I used to live by:
When it comes right down to it, there's always one person you can count on, and that's yourself. Somehow that sounds much more positive now.
Always think first: WWJD? --> what would Jenny do? Need to see more Jenny.
No comments:
Post a Comment