28.4.09

One night off the rack

Couldn't sleep at all last night, despite extraordinary sleepiness. Finally gave up and got up at 5. Gave three presentations today on Birds /Conservation to grade 3s at Park West. Really nice school, and what a great bunch of kids. In the first class alone, I had kids telling me about birds / their homes in Algiers, USA, India, Jordan, Egypt, Jamaica, Chile, Korea, and more. One class. And all in very very good English.

I had an overwhelming wave of homesickness / nostalgia walking the powerline trail. I miss Clayton Park more than I'd realized. I guess I lived there longer than anywhere else in Halifax, including here. Must talk to Julian about reconsidering possibility of move to that 'hood. Funny, had sudden sharp memory of walking that path daily, thinking about Scooter when I lived with Erin. Misty water-coloured memories. It was a good reminder that this current situation is not new, at all, and change will come.

Awww.... Scooter. Sigh. You'll always be a great memory.

So on the way home decided to take a night off from the frantic social scrambling. Tucking in to do laundry, dishes, watch Buffy...

No comments: