Four early toasts to the new year:
One, to you my old love. Let yourself off the rack. Just be happy. If she makes you happy, stay, and open yourself to it. Thank you for all you gave me. I forgive you for the parts where you were wrong. I forgive me for the parts where I was wrong.
One, towards the ocean, which my sailing adventure this summer made me love even more. May your tides wash away bad memories, bad karma, and bad feelings, and sweep the beach clean for fresh sandwriting.
And one for friendship, in its many forms. To friends I don't see enough, friends I only see online, friends I see once in a blue moon and never feel far from; and to new friends and whatever real estate they have staked out in my life. Your support and distraction and encouragement and care help make the unbearable bearable, and make my life better, every day.
And the last toast to me, my oldest and most familiar friend. You deserve joy. 2009 may bring it, but you must prepare yourself by aerating the ground.
Ok, one last unplanned toast... to the cheesemakers. Blessed are the cheesemakers.
No comments:
Post a Comment