Tonight I took Maddie to the Dog Day / NoA show at the North Street Church. We were doing the pop sales as an EAC fundraiser. Volunteers Aaron, Akhtar and Scott showed up to do the work, so Maddie and I jammed in the kitchen, dancing our fool heads off to Dog Day. As soon as NoA took the stage though, she was ready to go, which was hardly nice of her when Mark had been so friendly to us.
Not sure what Hali's indie scene thinks of a kid at a show, but hell, it was all ages. I hope that this early taste gives her a feel for music, but also shows her that people she knows, maybe even she can be on stage playing music. Despite Terry's drumming, I never really absorbed that lesson and it took me years to get past my stupid hero worship attitude (as if I am now, she says, remembering that embarrassing gushing to benn ross two weeks ago).
No comments:
Post a Comment