17.11.09

Inventory

Since such things as me dwelling ad nauseum on my love life or lack thereof seems to amuse my small but mighty fan base (hi Rob! *waves*), and since lists are always a good idea (amiright?), I am going to inventory some of the menfolk that occupy my brainpower. Thank god I'm a genius, or I wouldn't have enough brainpower left to remember to put on socks. Which reminds me, my feet are cold.
  • Too Young #1 - my uber geek buddy is absolutely beautiful, and really lovable. He and I will be friends for a long time, I'm sure, as long as I can control the whole "I'm starving and you're a pork chop" thing that happens to women at their sexual peak. Also, as long as I remember how ridiculous it is for a woman my age to even consider a man that young. (Rod & Jade's equation notwithstanding).
  • Too Young #2 - See above. Only this one I'm actively trying to fix up with someone, and because I hear less detail about his love life, it's a lot easier to not get the hormonal rush. However, this one is more intellectually suited to me. To be my friend I mean!! Yeesh.
  • Biweekly Man - My handsome vampire that appears with the new and full moons and then... is gone, for another fortnight. Betwixt time... he is a mystery. Bestill my heart. I don't even have enough fodder to develop a proper besottedness. Just a very sexy situation.
  • The Bad Boy- who stole my heart this summer without me really noticing till it was already too late. I'm so not in his league... nor, in an entirely different way, is he in mine. Luckily I never ever cross paths with him... haven't seen him since early September I think. "Luckily" because he's moved on, and I guess so have I... and I'm not sure I would have if I was running into him randomly. There will always be a soft spot though... maybe I just bought into his press kit too much. But I think I need to close that door entirely and admit that I'll never see the end of Titus.
  • Actual Crush - yes, in all this hormonal quagmire, there is an actual fella that's making my heart go pitterpat and causing butterflies in my tummy (which is above, although still connected to, my loins). I'm not sure where I stand with this one, and it's fraught with landmines, since he's connected to work (shhh).
  • My Online Long Distance Boyfriend / Confidante - who helps me work through all the stupidity I put myself through. :-)
  • The Iconoclast - a new flirtation. Beautiful blue eyes and that whole "I stand against the world" thing. Of course this won't be a 'thing' but he's delightful distraction.
  • The former FWB - with whom there is still this tenuous odd connection... but having bruised my heart once there, I'm wary of getting attached again.

Who am I forgetting? Various and sundry flirtations and pals. Despite the actual lack of serious connection with any of these, it really is an embarrassment of riches, especially for an attention-hungry Leo like m'self. And there are definitely a few friendships in here that will last and surpass this strange period in my life.

There now, this is a post to look back on when I'm depressed and remember life's not all bad.

2 comments:

Pissgums said...

eed -- your cornucopia appears to be fairly overstuffed with gourds!

cr8tiveCandy said...

You mean with 'Gords' ... or maybe melon heads. Fun evening with Luke!