14.7.09

Stairs

Yeah, I can't hear a good image without aligning it with everything else going on in my head, sorry Peter.

So, my best pal is building stairs and I am climbing them. When I get home I'm going to post two pictures with this post, one of me at the peak of my WW / gym days, and one of me Kirsten took Sunday. (Kirsten's photos are phenomenal, this is in no way a statement about her skills!) How did I get like this? In my mind, that Sunday picture is not me... but apparently it is, to the rest of the world.

Anyway, I've rejoined the gym, and living with Kirsten (sent by whatever higher power you choose to believe in, or perhaps simply by the Laws of Attraction) can't help but make me more aware of what I eat. I have to start where I am and not bemoan lost ground... it's a steep staircase I've slipped down, and there's nothing to do but climb it again, one step at a time. And I have to.

The thing I want in my life won't come until I can feel worth it, and while I am buried inside this sarcophagus of flesh I don't... but I am not willing to settle into a creep to lonely old maid hood. SOO... that means, gym. And not eating mindlessly. And more gym.

Ok, the photos won't link from Facebook, and I'm too befuddled to deal with loading them into Photobucket right now, so let's do this.

BEFORE: Dominican, circa 2001.
AFTER: Terence Bay, circa last week.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I think first and foremost you have to stop associating self-worth and physicality. Confidence is the single most sexy attribute in a woman and it comes from inner peace and being content with who you are- whatever that might be.

That said, if you want to look different, and that is going to make you happy, then go for it. Set reasonable goals, exercise, yada yada. There are a million books and blogs on how to lose weight. Too many people however don't know why to lose weight.

Don't think of it as losing weight. Think of it as gaining confidence and nurturing your self-esteem.

There will always be fat people and skinny people and in-between people, but the sexiest people are the ones who are confident and proud of who they are, not the ones who are dwelling on what they are not.

Do it for you, and whether you lose five pounds or five inches you can not lose.