Or perhaps it was a rushed lunch / hustle out door to next adventure which was to be swimming in Dartmouth. Here is an outline of that adventure:
- The child doesn't have a suit that fits well so I have to go in Walmart. I fucking hate walmart. She insists on a two piece. I think the bottom is going to be way too big on little no-hips, but she insists. I'm in a hurry. Whatever. Yes, it was too big. She wore the old too-small suit.
- Despite taking it every weekday, completely forgot the 52 existed / went to Dartmouth so took the milkrun, ie, the number 1. Some asshat dinged the bell at every stop to the point where the bus driver yelled at us and it was insanely packed.
- 55 minutes later got to the Sportsplex, a half hour late to meet friends and already annoyed. Have to wait in line while lady buys two--no three--no maybe just two... memberships.
- I've never been to the sportsplex before. I don't know a thing about it except friends are excited about pirate ship in pool. I tell girl behind the counter "I haven't been here before. What should I know?" She blinks.
- It costs $16.25(!!!) to get in to swim for less than an hour. As girl is making my change, other girl behind the counter tells next people she'll only charge them for one since it's so late and they won't get to swim for very long. My girl looks struck dumb. She gives other girl the, "HEY" nod. Other girl comes into change room later to give me a free pass and explain she did that because she knew them. Oh, well then.
- So, down the cost of a new suit that doesn't fit, after ridiculously long bus ride and equally ridiculous fee to get in, child takes one look at pirate ship / waterslides and says I'M NOT GOING ON THAT! We spend entire 50 minutes in the small, shallow, warm, kiddy pool.
- We leave and I get the 52 to go home and bury my nose in magazine due to extreme crankiness. I look up as we turn off Wyse Road. 52 Burnside. Fuck.
- Finally get home at 5. Swim ended at 3:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment