27.3.09

the grass ain't yet riz...

A bit of doggerel that floats to the surface every spring, and reminds me of my mom:

Spring is sprung,
the grass is riz
I wonder where
The birdies is?

(Also occasionally rendered as:
Spring is sprung,
the grass is risen
I wonder where
The birdies izzen??)

Two important signs of renewal: I've worked out four days in a row, and Treina is back! *cue confetti*

Treina is one of my all-time favourite people and has always been an inspiration with her manic energy. Well... whether that was in fact a good thing... it's wonderful to have her back around and in my life.

Things are good. Freelance work is getting my lazy wheels greased (thank you Natalie for extreme patience and excellent task-mastering). The design muscle had gotten flaccid but I feel it coming back together now. I have lots of fun plans, short and long term-- party, swimming, brunch, dance classes, stanfest, etc. And the universe is starting to release occasional goodnesses of the unexpected variety.

And in honor of that, and Earth Hour coming up tomorrow night (you aren't expecting this, I promise):

No comments: