In 1988, there was a boy named Brian who was interested in me, and I was interested in him, but at the time I was still "officially" seeing my first love. I told Brian, just before going home the November 11 weekend, that nothing could ever happen between us. It wasn't meant to be. I loved Bruce, and he had only to crook his finger, and I would come running.
you know what's coming, Bruce chose the November 11 weekend to break up and tell me he'd been seeing someone else for two months.
I still think about Brian (in fact, I still see him and his lovely wife from time to time)... not in a current pining way, but in a, what might have been kind of way. And part of what I think about is the way that Brian described the connection we had... like "I met myself, only as a girl".
I feel like I'm only just recognizing that I have met myself, only as a man. Can I stand that? Is this actual feeling or just recognition and empathy?
No comments:
Post a Comment