It's Monday and the rain continues. A very helpful Local informed me that Newfoundland weather tends to go by an acronym, RDF, for rain, drizzle, fog. That certainly appears to be the interminable cycle. I don't know if this weather is mildewing my soul a bit or if I am simply incapable of enjoying a vacation right now, but the back part of my mind has been a bit down all day.
However, the front part has thoroughly enjoyed spending ridiculous amounts of credit today... oh, I shall be sorry for that. But today maddie and I strolled Duckworth, buying gifts, window shopping and having good food for a change. Fried bread dough is a revelation. My. That was at Zachary's, with breakfast, and on the recommendation of a few other helpful Locals, we lunched at the Bagel Cafe. Both places were WAY more chichi than expected. And the bathrooms at the Bagel Cafe are the sexiest bathrooms anywhere.
Met my oldest brother for supper... first time having grace at a meal at Montana's. True story. It was terrific to see him and Roberta. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment