Ok, I know I'm only paying $50 a night, and that's a third what I'd pay at a decent hotel, but I swear, the amenities are far less than a third.
No TV
No pool
No change of bedclothes or garbages emptied
No free breakfast
Shared bathroom with dripping taps, ridiculous showers with crumbling walls and stalls so small that I must undo my pants before closing the door, and when seated, my knees touch the door. This is not even a slight exaggeration.
And as of tonight, it's official... there is not a stitch of amusement on campus. There is a mall-like food court that closes right after supper, but pub, games room, etc... all apparently shut down for the summer.
Add that to the construction that seems to be randomly tearing up all the sections of sidewalk that lead from the residence we're in to anywhere, and it's not worth $50 a night.
There is no composting on campus anywhere.
The staff at the conference office, with the exception of the two working when I arrived, along with the staff at the Tim Hortons, the pool staff and just about every other worker I've encountered on campus have bad attitudes (I've worked in service, I know that attitude... the customer isn't supposed to see it)
Oh, maybe all this is just my bad attitude, I know what you're thinking. I haven't given it a chance, and this vacation has been going wrong since before it started, and ANYWAY, it's not about me, it's about me and Maddie and she is happy just hanging around the dorm playing.
Which is the point. I could've rented a cabin at Caribou near Nancy for nearly this long and had a better vacation for cheaper.
And I would've had grown ups to talk to. Sigh.
1 comment:
Everyone makes the cheap accommodation mistake at least once. It's so hit and miss. Remind me to tell you about the place I booked in Budapest with the massive hole in the floor.
Just be happy that Maddie is oblivious. And next time, you know to bring a friend and budget for a babysitter. :)
Post a Comment