17.10.06

Sick Day Knitting... I feel like I'm 10 again.

I just remembered I used to love sick days from school cause I'd sit home with Mom and just knit or crochet (or latchhook, or embroider, whatever I was into at the moment) or read, and we'd just hang out. Just us girls. Aunt Mary would come over at about 4:00 for coffee and she and Mom would yak and I'd listen. Wow I miss that.

I got a lot done on my skull today, although I have to come to terms with the fact that due to my meddling and messing up the pattern, it is not ever going to be a sweater that fits this body. I did for a brief moment today consider how likely it was that I could lose 35 pounds or so and still wear it... but... I've pretty much committed now to making it into a bag. It will be a nice knit backpack.

I must confess that I have in the past called both scarves and bags the knitter's equivalent of the old Shop ashtray... "It's a... um... well, it was going to be a chandelier/sawhorse/bookshelf/welded horse sculpture... but it didn't really turn out. So it's an ashtray." (I'm not the only one who remembers this! The other alternative was paperweight/bookend, but I came from a smoking household.)

Anyway, it is admitting defeat to make it into a bag, but since my intarsia (yes, Megan, I do know the term, but I've never heard anyone say it out loud before! LOL... I continue to feel I've entered Bizarro universe where all the nerdy things I did in school are now cool.) What was I saying.. oh, yes, my intarsia is not looking too horrendous beyond a bumpy beginning (I was pretty rusty, after all) so I want to finish it for the sake of that. And you know, to add to the store of recent FOs. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never done intarsia. I also don't think I've ever said the word out loud.

Anonymous said...

intarsia...hmmm. what does that mean!? =] your blogs cool..yeah. =p i like it, very personal(not creepy personal!) & i dunno, it's nice to read.