16.10.06

Goin' crazy wit' the knittin'

Currently on the go:
  • A dishcloth on my own pattern
  • My Skull sweater... I have finally sucked it up and broached the pattern... it's coming along swimmingly.
  • My Waste Reduction Week prize scarf awaits fringe additions.
Also, I have started Maddie's Pumpkin costume, by cutting up four $2 Value Village orange big men's t-shirts and sewing together eight sections around an old sweatshirt. I have to finish the bottom, stuff it to fluff it (such a nice phrase), add Jack-O-Lantern face and knit up a cute little punkin hat. :)

I know, I know, I coulda just gone out and bought a costume. Even prolly found a used one. Or used a professional pattern. But no, I want to be That Mother. I want Maddie to grow up appreciating the value of uniqueness and individuality. And stuff. And I like to self-actualize at my child's expense. A little. But so far, Maddie gets a kick out of me making stuff so there you go. Look forward to a punkin picture in the future if it works out.

Also, in keeping with the Halloween theme, I've dyed my hair black. Really, really black. Blue black. Yeah!

No comments: