Friday night: Saw a bunch o' bands at Stage Nine. Looking forward to a longer show of Alewives with considerably less Middle-Class Pushovers. Also, the Tragedies and Matthew Grimson in one show is too much novelty. A+ to Tragedies' singer for keeping a perfect deadpan and eating in rhythm. Grimson, who generally appears hammered at the best of times, might perhaps be better starting earlier. But maybe that's just my needs-at-least-seven-hours-of-sleep neediness talking.
Saturday night: Saw Feist. Well, that's an overstatement. Saw Jenn Grant. Saw Shotgun and Jaybird or whatever the heck they're called... even caught a few glimpses of Julie Doiron on the far side of the stage. Then saw red as fuckhead after fuckhead began banging into me, brushing past me, forcing me to move, cramming me into the bar... you get the picture. 2006: The year I declare war on jostlers. I managed to get a grip on myself before sinking my elbow into someone's cranium, and changed locales to the back of the bar. Where I listened to very loud conversations around me and heard some of Feist's show for which I had paid $20.
For a more precise and funny description, see Here.
Today at work, my first "putting my foot down" attempt at negotiation ended badly as I signed my contract without the amendment I wanted. Also, I am of the opinion that somehow I got screwed out of about $1500 over the run of last year. Which makes me think... hmm... maybe it's time to revisit those employment ads. An office power struggle, which I seem to be in the middle of, caps my lovely Monday. However, I did listen the fuck out of my new Feist CD (invested in to upgrade from burned copy).
2 comments:
I stopped going to the Marquee because of the asses that go there. Not like I wanted to see that show anyway. :)
- Melissa (aymlis from locals!)
Yeah, I know. The Marquee and the Attic are both on my Most Hated Venues list. Ugh. But I figured I could put up with it because hey, how many of the jackasses in town can know who Feist is...????
Apparently the answer is, the vast majority of them.
Post a Comment