Thursday: Roots Room
Shanklin- country from Blacks Mountain gals
Dave Carmichael & his missing mandolin player
Andrea Curry rocked the house
Este Mundo were incredible
Sons of Maxwell... good time music.
Songwriter circle: Not How they Do It in Nashville
Cape Breton contingent totally overrules poor Kevin Ryan and host Frank littlefeet, whatever his name is.
Baba's for Ty Mess
Home to cookie palace... no ghosts appeared.
Friday: stores, mall, bizarre Cheers for lunch; Songwriter's Cafe with Ron Hynes, MacDougall, Catherine MacLellan (at the risk of blasphemy, yawn), and Mark Bragg; then Rylee Madison, Chas and Christina, and (yummy) Thom Swift. plus brian bourne playing a "stick". After supper at hotel, out to Plaskett at all ages show (hormones and a smell of cotton candy).
Heading to no-cases now for tom fun and a whole cool bunch a other stuff.
More full descriptions will appear eventually!
4 comments:
We have to actually meet some time soon. You and your man were probably standing 10 feet away from me and my lady at the Plaskett show, and I had a bunch of boring panel/ecma/work stuff to do Saturday day and Marnie was out buying shows by herself. I really think that you needed to be at Aldo with her when she found winter boots for $15.00 (regularly 119!). I think it would have been pretty cool to have one other couple there who was remotely our age as well! Hehehe. Good times tho!
Ah... so that's you. I did notice a few kindred spirits, presumably you and Marnie, at the show! That was a fun set--good to see Plaskett again in positive (as signified by lots of beach balls) and not-crammed-tight surroundings.
I *think* I saw you twice this weekend... once at Hunters and I think the other time was the Delta. Both times you were engaged in convo, and I thought... hm... I'll go over in a sec and see if that's him... and then, zip, you disappeared both times (Holy Houdini batman!)
I want to talk about ways to "green" the HPX (and also approach the ECMA Hfx committee about handling that too)... but other than work, it would def have been nice to chat ! (and get the scoop on those boots... I think I may have to tag along shopping with Marnie some day, sounds like she's got the nose for deals).
it all sounds good... coffee and chat. I have massive holes in my schedule right now, not nearly enough billable work, so if you are up for meeting about greenery, name a time later in the week or the start of the next.... I was running around trying to cram is as much SMOOZING as possible, thats for sure.
Post a Comment