You appear at Slowcoaster shows usually unaccompanied, wearing a floor length hippie skirt and an apron top both of which look custom-made or at least not mass-produced. You don't drink (that I've noticed) You head on to the dance floor with your face shining with delight, kick off your shoes and proceed to put all the other dancers to shame. You personify grace. I think you have dance training, including perhaps belly dance training, but you never appear to be dancing for the sake of dancing or being noticed. You just seem to channel the music.
I wanted to say, thank you. You raise a bar band gig out of the ordinary. Sloco's music is the most danceable thing I've heard live in a while, and you demonstrate sheer joy in your movements. Ever since I first noticed you at the Planet almost two years ago, I've called you Gypsy in my mind. Sometimes when being downtown seems sordid or I've just gotten to the point where I'm disgusted at the "meat parade" and the juvenility and squalor, I think of you. It helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment