Caught the Jenny Whiteley show at Stayner's Wednesday (well, most of it... the spirit was willing but the flesh had to work early). Arrival was rocky ... we got there just in time for them to start charging cover--although they retro-collected around the tables after--and the lovely but totally scattered bird at the door asked if we were there for the Laura Whitley show.
However, a tasty feed of inexpensive but yummy and filling appetizers lightened our mood again, and then the Whiteley-Wrights took the stage and it didn't matter. For some reason for the first three songs or so it seemed like Jenny was holding back to make her beloved sound better, but maybe that's just my overly analytical mind. By the time she was into great tunes like the female stalker song and Banjo Girl, both partners were cookin'.
A great evening that ameliorates somewhat the fact that I'm not getting to Lunenburg :-(.
Last night's Big Brother intro'd the newest twist (or at least brought back a favourite twist from past seasons) of bringing back an exiled houseguest. The two obvious contenders are Eric (fuckin' 'Cappy') and Kaysar. Kaysar is a graphic designer, and better looking to boot, which naturally predisposes my sympathies. About time the devious mind of the designer was recognized! But the set up is very interesting, and makes me wonder if the producers are dabbling in some political research: the righteous, indignant family man Eric, a firefighter with a 9/11 connection, versus Kaysar, a Muslim with a devious mind for strategy. A set up?
I'm very bitter that Canucks can't vote. Don't blanket us with your dumbass pop culture and then not let us participate! Jerks. :P
1 comment:
I was there too! Before karaoke at Bearly's, that is. Jenny rules, and her hubby is nice too. Plus, when he and his pal did I've Forgotten More, an obscure country gem that I thought only I knew about, I thought I'd melt.
Post a Comment