14.10.15

Rampant Restlessness



(Stillness not exactly as shown.)



Hilarious to note what my last post was. I came here to vent about what feels like a midlife crisis. I don't like what I do, don't think I'm very good at most of it, and most of all, don't feel like I have a driving passion or cause.


It's the rootlessness again--or, as my dear ex-husband the life coach points out, it's my saboteur: restlessness. Well, restlessness has a cause, and it's a fundamental discontent with--something. I have a fire in my belly that drives me, and absolutely no direction. So, I am driven in circles. (Around the bend, one might even say.)

It's mighty frustrating.

To start, I want to do ALL THE THINGS. Write novels, paint, knit, run a company, win awards, practice yoga, learn to code, learn to play guitar, get thin, travel, build, do! But I don't want any one thing enough to focus fully on it.

Maybe my chakras aren't aligned.

I have to keep at what I do because it feels late for a big switch, and some parts I love. But these ADHD afternoons are killing me.

Any suggestions? What do you do with a surfeit of ambition and limited resources?

No comments: