A conversation with Todd this weekend has left me awash with wonder at what a different person I am now. Fundamentally different? I don't know...
1989
Big hair
Jenny's mini-me
In love with Fraser Mooney
Living with Amanda/Rachelle / Nancy Sponpinato (oh jesus)
Working at the cafeteria for Marriott.
Depressed ... sleeping 12-15 hours a day
Feeling abandoned when Jenny wanted to move in with the guys without me
Shallow. SO shallow. Palace summer still ahead of me.
Remember talking to Kevin Wainwright on the step... so shallow.
Scoundrels. Graduate. Misty Moon. New Moon. Crazy Horse.
Dave Hatcher.
Mom still alive.
Dad still alive.
Before subway, MSVU, Julian, Bush, Internet...
Still insecure. Kind of crazy. Prone to long walks alone.
Carl still alive.
Before NSTU and Earl Rutledge.
Before recycling was a serious law.
Before Washington.
Inexperienced.
Now:
Still insecure by times (who isn't? Honestly. Except Bill Kidney)... but WAY more laid back about it.
Experienced.
Comfortable in my skin
Better judgement
Established career
Nice variety of skills and interests.
Huge network of friends and acquaintances that I cherish.
Travel experience.
Still have debt and big hips. Some things never change.
No comments:
Post a Comment