Ok, despite the last post, and at the risk of appearing to be of two minds on it... being single this time is actually delightful.
If it means I can spend time with a variety of men, each with their own charms and strengths, that's great. I'm not lonely, let's face it. Not that this 'variety of men' is within one calendar week or anything! I mean, over the last two years... I've seen some pretty phenomenal men. I've had ample great sex. I've tried things I've fantasized about. And I've come through un-diseased, not overly-broken-hearted and with more terrific friends than I might have imagined. I don't think I'm ethically corrupt or morally bankrupt. I am of an age when I know what I enjoy and I know my limits.
Of course, one of these limits is a tendency to fall a little in love with almost every man I sleep with. But I know this about myself now, and I discover I can usually shift that comfortably to friend-care with a bit of effort.
I still dream of falling in love, of course. I'm a romantic in ways I'd never usually admit... and an optimist. But do I even have time right now for a relationship? I'm hitting the maximum of people I can maintain contact with as it is... and I don't want to give up anything!
I love my friends. It's nice that in some cases, I can also love my friends. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment