No novel, I foresee a month again that's too busy. If I'm ever going to do a novel in a month, I'm going to have to plan to move to a deserted island for that time period. I know, real writers don't condone this kind of thinking. I don't even have the discipline to be sweeping my floor right now instead of writing this, so don't imagine I'm comparing myself to a real writer.
Halloween was ok. Kind of just another night. Being with people didn't put a dent in that yawning maw I live wrapped around these days. I guess that's my new BFF. Better learn to embrace it. It certainly didn't stack up to last Halloween, which I guess, superstitiously, I was hoping it would. Every day a little further down the path.
Walking down to the party I felt good, kind of alive. It occurred to me then that perhaps that's where I should be, just walking in the wild, warm wind, alone. But always, I'm drawn to live out Eddie Rabbitt lyrics and other terrible mind-warping remnants of my youth.
I guess there's good news in that I may not have to go into bankruptcy after all, the bank may help me restructure. It feels a little like letting the hunter reset the trap, but then I don't have to upset my RRSP or RESP.
No comments:
Post a Comment