Sometimes When We Touch was played on CBC yesterday, and is now firmly resonating in my head. I'm blaming my weird dream on that.
Last night was Green Drinks, met Kirsten and Todd for supper before, and then went over. It was fun night, although weirdly man-heavy. About 11 or 12 people in total. Todd was in fine form, engaging Jason in an odd conversation that started with Nick Cage movies and ended with eating a ham and boffing Oprah (because she's got a full fridge, and full-tier cable, likely).
Great to have Tyler there, and a few new people. Hopefully the holiday edish will bring out more folks. The HH was crazy crowded last night anyway, so it'll be nice to try out another venue.
Dream: This morning, I dreamt I was condo-sitting for Wendy and Alan with Karla and Luke. Luke and I were a couple, sort of (obviously that was the Dan Hill). We were all staying in an adjoining place, and I was checking on the condo which was HUGE and not really their current one. I remember Radio 2 was playing in the sunken living room, and I turned it off, and there was a cedar sauna and a giant jacuzzi bath and lots of space. I went over to take a bath because I woke up and Luke had drawn on my back with sharpies, plus my face was broken out, and when I was about to get in the tub, I glanced out the coincidental and convenient peep window in the bathroom door and saw three or four ppl dressed like ninjas kind of going by in the hallway. I locked the door and hid against it so they couldn't see me through window and tried to decide what to do.... oh, another thing was there was some kind of store / coffee shop /retail venture attached, and Luke and Karla were out there working at this point. Finally I decided the ninjas were probably a cleaning crew and didn't mean me harm, so I made some noise, and they scurried away, and I hustled out to the retail part (in a robe) to look for the other two, because I'd been scared. I pretty much woke up after that. There was more to the dream -- like I remember the sharpie drawing on my back scene and stuff, but that's the part I remember best.
No comments:
Post a Comment