Sometimes there's too much going on externally to post... like crazy late overtime and discovering Twitter. And sometimes there's too much internally, trying to sort out the real stuff from the shoulds and used tos and fantasy projections.
I need a new template for this little journal of muck and blood. The vids are too wide and break the design. If I was feeling ambitious I'd custom one. That's a big if.
I had coffee with my toast, eggs and bacon this morning, and it was A-OK. I'm ok, with internet company and radio news as my breakfast companions. I'm ok.
Yup.
Cleaning first. Then supper & Watchmen date.
Almost forgot to chronicle last night's fun! Supper with Melly... possibly the least healthy and most delicious dinner since Ottawa. Hung out and knitted. And then headed to the Bus Stop Theatre to meet Jen, Emma, and Shannon from work (Jocelyn arrived later) for the Blown Gasket Orchestra show.
Lady named Becky Simon opened. Cute, great voice, real country twangy sound... her songwriting has potential, isn't consistently there yet. Bonus weirdness: she ended with three covers: Lionel Ritchie, Bruce Springsteen and Chaka Khan. They all sounded like country tunes.
BGO were incredible. All the energy of Tom Fun but with more of a rock / jazz / soul fusion overlay. Big horn section (literally, bari sax on deck!) plus keys, guitar, bass, drum. Only six of the nine were playing last night, leading me to believe the full ensemble would make my head explode. Songs ranged from Sesame street bus stop song to Latin-samba to something akin to heavy metal. We danced our fool heads off (as did many, many others) and it was FUNNNN.
No comments:
Post a Comment