12.2.09

To whoever is writing this script:

Ok, look... while I have appreciated acting out your demented and occasionally inappropriate humour for the most of the last 38 years, some of this last year has made me question your writing abilities. Perhaps you've fallen into that common writing trap of drinking too much and not getting out enough. I don't know. Now, I've expressed my disapproval with the turns this character has taken already, vociferously, on more than one occasion to you, so I know this is a retread.

I think you are getting back on track, and I just wanted to commend you on that. There are obviously some places I'd like to take this character and some current situations that could be molded to point more toward positive outcomes, while still being funny, and yes, there are some others that are very positive already (although not without their own quirks... you always gotta be putting that quirky stamp on things, eh?). I just... I know that society has moved away from sitcoms and more into convoluted storylines, but I'd like to recommend that we steer away from that trend. Let's try a really simple approach... people could be ready for that! So, in summation... a little less "Lost", a lot less "Kenny v. Spenny", and a little more "Laverne and Shirley"... ok? What do you say?

No comments: