This has been a weekend of good stuff underlaid with a strong current of frustrations. Yesterday Maddie was pulling one of those sulky, "I don't want to go anywhere" moods, around the time when I needed to get groceries and really wanted lunch. The face off ended badly, with me feeling my temper threatening to overwhelm, so calling her father. Now, when you're divorced, this has a whole other layer of personal politics attached, no matter how well you get along, because you are signalling to the other person that you are weak and need them. This is not a message I happily convey and so that gagged me, making my temper even worse. Then I have opened myself to the check-in and well-meant advice, and then I got two more doses of the latter today, to the point where i wigged out on someone. Gah. It's not like the child is unmanageable, nor that I am a moron. Just somedays...
Anyway, there are other frustrations, especially around how I'm feeling physically, but I don't feel up to hanging that on this clothesline right now.
Posi ending... the new Trivial Pursuit is mildly complex and really fun; and I beat a PhD and two other smart cookies at Scrabble last night.
Cats, kids, games, dancing, friends... who has time for lonely....?
No comments:
Post a Comment