24.1.09

Journey through pleasanter climes

Ok, so yes, life is always a journey, and you never actually arrive anywhere (except presumably at the end, although even that is debatable). That said, there was a point not even six months ago where I knew in my head that I needed to be at a different place, but didn't feel like I was making headway there. But by god, at some point I dozed off looking out the window, because suddenly I'm not in that bleak industrial landscape anymore. It's almost pastoral here, if a little sparse, and seems to be populated by friendly folk. And I am starting to see my reflection much more clearly in the window.

I have lots of people to play games with all of a sudden, and that makes a wee small part of me that is still 8 years old, ridiculously happy. I generally have someone to talk to, although it's not always the same person. The process of learning trust falls onto many hands instead of into one set of arms is coming along nicely.

Sure, I will still spend some time daydreaming about passionate kisses, but in the meantime warm hugs are nice. And excavating some seriously ignored parts of myself and remembering the things that move me is an intriguing process.

Listen to some of this guy's stuff, it's good and you'll like it. Please comment and tell me whether I should pass up a roast goose dinner friday to go see him.

http://www.myspace.com/kevcorbett

(I think my mind is already made up though... his wife might be there and I've had some brief but very fun convos with her. I'd like to chat some more sometime. Besides, the more published authors I interact with, the more likely I'll get off my ass and write... right?)

No comments: