So today Karissa Boudreau's mother was charged, and the news is full of the sad sad details. Just thinking about it chokes me up so I cannot think about it.
NOTES FROM IDOW
Important note to self: SHERMAN Downey and CARSON Downey are not the same person. Really, not even close. Sherman Downey was fabulous and I will not miss another of his shows. Great songs, great melodies, fantastic voice. And cute. With dreads.
To quote Fraser Mooney, "Foo."
Kev Corbett is really one of my current favourite acts locally, plus he may be an ideal man. His songs covered the three R range... Romantic, Raunchy and Religion... he totally unabashedly loves his wife and makes no bones about it, he tells great funny stories and he writes brilliant tunes. Yup, some day I'm gonna find me one a them types. Meanwhile, kudos Mrs. Domet, good on ya.
Probably should have stayed for the rest of the show, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it, but it was lovely to see Karen and Russell and Stefan, Martina and Nicole (and the mandatory Joes). And check me out, home at a sensible hour, pouting due to the lack of internet attention aimed at my absence this evening. Harrumph.
I did not want to come home alone tonight. And yet I did not do any of the myriad of stupid or probably-stupid things I might have to ensure that I did not. Nope, I soberly and sensibly had my coffee, smiled brilliantly, hugged everyone and marched out with my head held high.
Acting my age --> overrated.
If I could just slaughter once and for all that little bird that sings in my inner ear about the virtues of whispering loving murmurs in the dark, and listening to another's heartbeat lull me sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment