19.8.08

Thank you anonymous

Thank you for reminding me that when things are bad I come on here and cry like the sodding dormouse, but when things are going well, I am gone, baby, gone.

So, good things:
  • Sailing--took a four day course to learn sailing and engage in some PD. The whole experience was phenomenal in every day, not least of which was reminding me how to inhabit my physical self again and get out of my mind.
  • Mama Mia--reminding me of the crucial importance of girlfriends and musicals and silliness. And Abba. Abba is essential.
  • Social life--sure, there's not much by way of man-contact (sigh)... YET... but I am getting out and doing things and meeting people and learning and remembering that once upon a time I was a super happy peppy extrovert. I've seen glimpses of her around here lately. She may be back yet.
  • Work--I am pathetically humbly grateful for this fantastic job at the coolest place to work in Nova Scotia, if not Canada. And they pay me too! Amazing.
What's not good -- not getting any, and I missed the earlybird sale at Venus Envy. That's only a sort of joke.

Maddie is away for another week and then back with me for a full week. I miss the little punk. We have back-to-school shopping to get to!

I have been spending too much money. Obscenely too much money. Time to reign in for the fall budget!

I am online WAYYY too much, between the facebook and locals addictions and have just complicated things by asking to be an admin on an HRM politics site. The latter has promise of being fun though, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. :) But I need to learn WordPress way better.

Going to miss Wilco and Neil Young due to budget constraints, but having seen each individually, I'm kind of ok with that.

Surfing lesson is still on the to-dos! Jen Ford wants to do one too so I may have a pop-up buddy. :)

I think I'll put horseback riding on the list for next year. And wilderness or winter camping. Solo.

No comments: