23.9.06

Attempted Vegan Day 1

Didn't make it through supper, due to raging headache. Had to give in and have a coffee with milk. Tonight I buy groceries, and soy milk is on the list! (have to remember to get some for work too, if I extend the experiment) Good to know that my addiction is such that plain green tea does not suffice. Hopefully a week of cutting back will take care of that.

This sudden vegan experiment is based on a few things. First of all, meat makes my lower digestive system not a happy place to be. Nuff said. I know this because I have been a vegetarian before, and my tummy was better. Eating a lot of meat this week: wretched lower GI episodes.

I decided to shock my system and do as much of a detox as I could handle. Of course, at lunch today we stopped at Boston Pizza--vegetarian friendly, but vegan--not so much. I had a green salad and "cactus cut" fried potato bits. The potato came with a dip based on sour cream, and I confess to tasting it... but no more than a half teaspoon or so. I'm not all the way there yet.

Tried to sew up Maddie's sweater last night and promptly lost the needle. HOW does one lose a five inch long yarn needle? I saw it fall, and searched immediately, and bam. Gone. I suspect that just under my night-table is a portal to an alternate dimension littered with many things I've lost.

We went back to Conrad's beach today (Mr. O, his dad and I). Mr. O lost his lens cap there yesterday, so while we prowled for lens caps and any other photo detritus we might come across, I picked up litter again. Got the whole parking lot today... I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to clean ups. Ha! If you could see my living room....

No comments: