30.4.06

Garden

Today I put in the seeds for my lettuce, spinach, mesclun mix, peas, sunflowers, and--daringly--herbs. Mr Frost, begone. I don't know how "correctly" I have done any of this, or how good my soil is, or even exactly what I'm doing, but I'm ready to start learning! In a few weeks, I will sow my cucumbers and start looking for tomato plants. Then I'll sow a few more rows of lettuce. Every 3 weeks, as recommended, to ensure a consistent supply for the summer. :) Hooray!

Honestly, I'm as excited as a five year old planting their first pole bean plant. I'm sure I'll be checking every day till I see little green sprouts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have actual ground for your garden, or just a deck with flower boxes and pots? I want a little garden, but it would have to be in my parking lot, and I think it's too shady during the afternoon.

cr8tiveCandy said...

A real honest-to-gosh yard with a landlord that is not only supportive of my ripping up sod, but a really good gardner himself, so he gives me lots of good advice. I've landed in renter's heaven.