I need a fucking car. Right fucking now. A year of being an environmentalist has been enough.
Yesterday I took the acadian lines to New Glasgow to visit Nancy with Maddie. Cost for the entire trip: $103.50 (88.50 for the return tickets plus 15 bux for a damn cab after I JUST missed the number 9 downtown). Today bus back again (this time the bus was packed and we got the just-beside-the-bathroom seats.) Tried to get picked up to no avail... no one was answering. So we caught a crosstown bus... three big bags, a car seat, the kid and I. Tomorrow I get BACK onto a bus to go to sydney. I need my freakin head examined.
My head is aching and I'm tired. Hopefully the bus ain't smooshered tomorrow so I can kick back, read, listen to toonz and snooze. Luckily the princess will be back with daddy so I don't need to treat the trip like an adventure, just something to be got through.
Maybe I'll bring beer. :D
1 comment:
We kept our well tuned up, 1989 Corolla wagon working until late summer 2004. I needed undercoating and minor bodywork on it in summer 03, but after No went out of business I was so close to personally bankrupt I had to defer maintainance for a year, which in turn caused 3K worth of rust out. SO, we bought a new car this summer, a Mazda 3. Its a lot of car for 19K taxes in, its ULEV, it gets 7.8 L per 100 km, which is not as good as the honda or toyota, but you get way more car for way less cash. BUT the best thing is they finance over 6 years. So payments are 146 a month on 1K down. Cheaper payments then buying a 9K used car financed over 3 years at a (usually) higher interest rate.
It killed us to buy a new car because we kept the engine at 100% efficiency in the old car, and I know it takes more power to actually manufacture a car than it ever consumes in its lifetime. But the Mazda was the best compromise for us....
I cannot wait to have a break from all this vacation!
w
Post a Comment