After Sunday night's disappointment with the not-really-a-retro-dance-night, a malaise of deep blue settled on me. At work, the finance officer had a bit of a teasing fit at us for trying to brainstorm a creative way to invite businesses to the breakfast. She didn't take the time to assess where we were coming from, or ask what our thought process was, and ended up making Kari & I feel a bit like crap.
At the same time, I started noticing subtle cues from the environment that I ought to think about my age; little things like silly threads on the messageboards I frequent, Hey Nineteen on the radio, etc... ended up in a bit of a crisis of "what am I doing, what should I be doing, what the hell."
Anyway!! Went down to Stage 9 again last night to see the Museum Pieces... generally a good prescription for the blues. But can I just say, I wish to FUCK that when shows are advertised to start at 9:30 they fucking would start sometime BEFORE 11??? Jesus. Not easy on the working stiffs!
As S and I were partaking of some refreshment beside the bar, Steve, the guitarist of Yellow Wood joined us, sharing with us some of Windsor's smoother fineness. We discovered, to my chagrin, that YW were playing first... we had expected the other way round since come-from-aways are generally headliners (well, so it seems).
Anyway, we toddled in and settled down for Yellow Wood who were really REALLY incredible. They produced some of those wacky space-rock sounds that I LOVE in lots of old 70s rock. (At one point, during a particularly climactic point, S leaned in and whispered, "I think a space dolphin was just born" and I nearly fell off my seat laughing. VERY APT)
By the time Tyler et al got going, no amount of wondering about sexual orientation of various band members nor admiration of dapper bass-player-blazer could keep my eyes open. I practically slept through the last two songs, with S finally poking me to get up and go home.
Snoozy day at work today. Zzzzzzz. Damn you Messick.
No comments:
Post a Comment