13.6.09

Swimming on the surface

There have been many time in the last 12 months where it's felt like I'm swimming underwater, dragged down by an undertow, and I'd never reach the light again. I started surfacing in the fall, but they were gasping breaks for air, and then the fear would drag me down again. Since Christmas, I'm getting stronger, till it feels more like I'm swimming on the surface most of the time now. Moreover, there are times when I can look down and see to the bottom, when the water I'm swimming through seems crystal clear and it's more like I'm flying. I feel more like the person I'm meant to be every day. It's time to focus on bringing the external in line with that, since this is the last thing holding me back. Ah, but the flesh resists reshaping!

Lily Allen isn't talking precisely about the same fear, but it's related:



And the ultimate goal -- no embedding for this one, kids, sorry.
Twisting by the Pool--Dire Straits featuring the cutest little blonde guitarist the 80s had to offer.

No comments: