24.6.09

oooohhhh i hates it

Packing, that is. Part of me loves it, the opportunity to purge and start fresh... and the pack rat procrastinating part of me (that would be the larger part) hates it. Hates dealing with the stuff. Wants it done. Wants to be UNPACKING.

Had a lapsed week. I need better social solutions for Maddie and I. I don't enjoy, in general, hanging out with people with kids (obviously there are exceptions to this)... therefore I can't fathom building a social life for me (comfortable adult one) that includes Maddie. For a brief time I had games night happening but... maybe after I move I can resurrect that. More Jenny time is DEFINITELY called for. I know for sure that just having another adult in the house to talk to will make me less desperately social. It will relax me.

I need to do some boxing now. I love boxing. I should have a boxing bag. Join a club. I love punching. Last night, at the Dark Crystal, as I waited ten minutes in line for concessions, with four or five girls RIGHT behind me seemingly shouting (alternated with loud singing) directly into my ear... it took a lot of deep breathing to forget how much I wanted to punch. Serenity Now.

The Dark Crystal was another glimpse back at my formation. So many bits that still live, disconnected, in my mind, that I'd forgotten came from the Dark Crystal. Heather Rogers, you shoulda been there.

1 comment:

Geoff Chisholm said...

I KNEW Margaret Atwood was a Sith Lord!