17.3.09

I refuse...

I refuse to be ashamed of, or apologize for:
  • Caring. I'll care about what and who I want, and if you don't like it, too bad. If it's you I care about, be glad you have a loving friend.
  • Drinking. I'm not an alcoholic, I know what that looks like, and I'm not. I enjoy a beer. So what?
  • My shape. I'm voluptuous, curvy, chubby, fat... call it what you want. This is the shape and size I'm manifesting currently, and it is what it is.
  • My tendency to distraction. It is part of thinking laterally. I can concentrate when I need to.
  • The music I like. Seriously, am I 14? I like a little of everything, and that includes some top 40. Bite me.
  • My Internet habit. I live online. There are worse things. At least I'm not surfing porn (usually).
  • The way I live. Yeah, I'm nearly 40, and I still go downtown. I am not irresponsible, and I am not immature. I just have different priorities than you.
  • Being in love. I've been in and out of relationships most of my life. Whether or not I am single, I am usually in love, and that feeds my soul. Thank you to those of you who have borne this so well, especially those unrequited instances where I've managed to stay friends. (Dale, Fraser, Earl, etc)
I'm sure there's more, I'm kind of through apologizing for a lot of things that don't require apology.

No comments: