It's scary, that suitcase. It has sat there, in the corner, since I moved in here. It's stuffed to the gills. I'm pretty sure if I touch the latch, it will explode and incapacitate me. Stuff, everywhere. Ugly things. Things I've forgotten about. Things I might miss if I remember they exist. Stuff that'll probably make me cry.
But I've been missing this really important thing, and I'm horribly afraid it's packed way at the bottom of all that. Is it worth it? I might even need help, professional help, pulling all the stuff out of that bag. Maybe they can explain why I packed it in the first place.
What if I open it and that ugly stuff stays here? What if I just can't bring myself to get rid of it? What if I don't have the strength to let go?
But then, it's not like the stuff in the suitcase isn't already affecting me. I mean, sure it's packed but... just thinking about it is making me cry. So where did I put the stupid key to that suitcase?
No comments:
Post a Comment