Thoughts from this event:
Don Brownrigg is really really good, and delightful to watch. He reminds me of Boyd Chubbs in the nicest way.
Ok, and he's yummy.
Tanya Davis was good -- better than I expected entirely. There are at least two songs she played that I must hear again. Must buy this album. Insightful lyrics and a quirky voice.
I actually enjoyed Catherine MacLellan this time, although I distinctly remember disliking her music -- intensely if I recall rightly -- in PEI at the ECMAs. She seemed more approachable and less haughty and that made her songs better. Or s'thing. Anyway, she's got a voice like warm butter and syrup and good songs a bit in the AT mold.
Speaking of AT -- are they finito?? How can I find this out?? Why doesn't the Hfx music scene have a Perez Hilton, dammit??
The Magpies were fun. The keyboardist looks a bit like John Cleese playing a Michael Pallin role though.
No comments:
Post a Comment