What a nothing kind of barfy day. Spent the day cleaning, and not in a soul-fulfilling decluttering sense... more in a mucking-the-stalls-cause-someone's-got-to kind of way.
Woke to my alarm this morning and spent 6-6:20 planning all the things I had to do at work and in denial that I had to get up. Berated myself for stupidly staying out till 1:30 on a work night... what was I thinking? And to go to Cheers? The One World show was over early.... what the hell?
Finally realized it was Saturday and went back to sleep till 9:45 or so.
Maddie is with me today and I am at loose ends to keep her busy on a rainy day. Finally tonight came to terms with the fact that making sure she has fun is not my job. I ensure she eats her broccoli, gets her skinned knees bandaged, doesn't go out wearing inappropriate clothes and eventually learns not to be a sassy know-it-all. She has to deal with the fun issue her own self.
Did I mention the One World show rocked? Although I felt a big oldish and cranky about unnecessary volume and inability to hear the singer during SS Cardiacs... I'm a vocals fan, always have been. Shotgun & Jaybird were suitably audible and entertaining. Nice to see two acts in a row with key women. It's become less foreign, for sure, but still...
Spent a lot of time admiring the One World set up and trying to decide if I could run such a democratic business. I don't know if democratic is the right word. Casual... although the owner (Kenova? What kind of name is Kenova?) is anything but slack... he seems really together and somewhat disciplined. It's a different kind of business, that's for sure. I admire his forging his own way. And it's working, it seems to attract a good crowd (polite, responsible and well-behaved on the whole).
No comments:
Post a Comment