Our work open house was yesterday, which basically turned out to be about four hours of being "on", chatting, shmoozing, looking for opportunities to chat up programs and other staff. Yay. Funz.
Sean came, and was a real trooper, cause hanging around someone else's work / staff party for six hours can be a royal drag. All kinds of different people were here, and it was a great time. Lots of happy chatter. Happy chatter = happy funders = happy financial picture. I hope.
Two folks from Locals came in (Rod brought my Rocking the Stocking compilation, which I'm listening to now!), and Tony from Speedy, and other than that, I can't really trace any specific people to my invitations, but there was about 100 people, so it was ok anyway.
Best time chatting during the evening was with Andrew Safer, a friend of Nadine's, who is Buddhist and like so many other Buddhists I've met, has that wonderful centered gravity. Talking to him was like finding a quiet glade on a mountain and breathing in the still air. That sounds very odd, considering the hectic chatter throughout the room, but it's true. New Year's resolution: visit one of those Shambala Wednesday nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment